Little Black Dress

I am 5' tall and weigh 135lbs. My husbanc has just informed me that we are invited to an awards dinner from my husbands bosses, bosses, bosses well you get it anyway it is at the The Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort & Spa a 4 diamond resort!! Ok so I am in over my head because it is coctail attire!! This is not me, I have not wore a dress since my wedding, I do have heels because I wear them with my slacks to church, however I don't know where to start looking for a dress and what type of dress I should be wearing, how I should do my hair etc.. Any fashion experts who do this all the time please help me. One more thing I do not have tons of money for a new dress $50-$80 max.

PLEASE HELP!!

I have less than a month to plan and I do not like to wait until the last minute

Thank You

determind

Asked by determind at 2:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Ok I'm not sure what the "cocktail attire" entails for you in particular, butyou will want something at least below the knee length if not a full floor hemline and I can tell you that you can find some stunning dresses at Ross or Marshalls way within your price range. I would keep in mind that the dress does not have to be extraordinary as long as you wear it well, accessorize nicely and pay attention to your make up and hair.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Be comfortable! Be yourself! But glam it up a notch - that's all.

You can get dressy, very fancy slacks if you like that - otherwise go to a high end department store, find a good saleslady and try on some dresses. Then go to TJs or Ross or whatever discount store (Steinmart?) and look for something along the same line.

And ENJOY YOURSELF!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Find a simple dress that you can punch up with some well selected accessories; it'll carry you anywhere! Have fun.
    Anonymous