is saying I LOVE YOU to much or overrated in a marriage or relationship???

you know how they say saying I LOVE YOU is just a little bit much but i i dont see nothing wrong with telling a person how much you love them thru out da day.....OPINIONS???

cute504dimples

Asked by cute504dimples at 1:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Whats too much?
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it, it's better than saying "go to hell" throughout the day!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• well, i think it is annoying! like when they just say it a million times it sorta loses it's meaning
    Ms.Ally123

Answer by Ms.Ally123 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think express it is sometimes better then saying it because a phase like that can't be use loosely if you saying it with every breathe.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My hubby isn't home half the week, so whenever he calls he always ends it with 'I love you.' I think the only way it loses it's meaning is when the person saying it lets it. My husband never says it without me being able to tell he truly means it. I also think that just saying 'I love you' is all that's needed. Actions speak louder than words. Even so, I still like the fact that he tells me verbally that he loves me several times a day.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes it is nice to have the reminder, when you are running through your hectic day those three words can bring you back down to Earth and you remember why you are doing what you are doing.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• DH and I say it often but not as just a "eh" phrase. We actually look at each other every single time in the eyes and kiss ... We find it as a devotion to each other. Others find it rather over the top but then again we are very happily married and to hear it, for us, is a confirmation of our true feelings! =)

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think it is necessary!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think that some people can take it too far and it can become a habit. My husband and I were like that... It became a habit to say "I love you," instead of really meaning something (we were having serious problems). Now, we've recently gotten back together (pretty much the day of or the day before our 3rd anniversary in October) and we say it maybe once or twice a day at most. I'm hesitant about saying it because of how long we were apart and the fact that I only want to say it when I REALLY feel like saying it. I don't want it to become routine again (walking out the door, "Love you," going to bed, "Love you," etc.). I think that so long as it's meant every time it's said, it's a good thing to say it regularly/often.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well IMO you can say it so much that it loses its meaning. IMO actions means much more.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2010