ok so, my daughter is almost ten months now, and i have had a normal period cycle until now. i have had heavier periods than normal and am now on depro-provera. My last period ended about a week ago, and i just started again yesterday!! i just don't understand, is two periods a month normal?

Ms.Ally123

Asked by Ms.Ally123 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• It's BC doing it I bet. I got on birth control shortly after having my child and I had my period for 3 months. About once a week it would stop for a couple days but would start back up. Literally 3 months with only a couple days without it freaked me out so I got off BC..didn't have my period for 2 months and went back to normal. I got back on because my doctor told me it was a good way to dry up my milk supply (didn't work) and I've had normal periods this time. I don't know why it happened but I would talk to your dr and see what they say about it. You may want to try a different birth control.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yep I would second what the last poster said. It is all about hormones and your birth control messes with them. When I change I have a period for a very long time a month or two and it makes awhile for things to get back to normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Your body still trying to go back to normal after the birth.... If the double periods persist for a few months, pls check with your Dr
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 3:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• thank you everyone! i guess i am gonna make a trip to the dr! ughhh
    Ms.Ally123

Comment by Ms.Ally123 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010