Has anyone ever painted rain boots?

I have a couple pairs of ugly rain boots I want to paint. I've read you can spray paint them with special rubber paint or something. I don't know if I want to try a solid color or a design. If anyone out there has done their own please let me know how you did it and show pictures!

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 1:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• No, but FUN!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• no but now i want to
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 1:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• no I havent but I did find some helpful instructions: the tell you to wash boots in soapy water and dry completely if you are using old boots. Tape off the sections you do not want to paint (Or the design etc) it seems to suggest if you are making a design to do it in layers. I saw one picture where they made the boots to look like a pair of hightop chuck taylors! i would assume they painted them all white first and then taped off the parts to keep white and painted the rest black.
    Painting directions say to use a spraypaint for rubber, suggests Kryon. reminds you to check the can to make sure it works on rubber. Then says to spray in thin layers to avoid dripping. Allow each layer to dry completely before adding another layer. Says to move to a location where the boots can dry at least 12 hours once you have finished painting. don't pull off tape or stencils until completely dry. tacky, it says, is not dry. no kidding
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• WOW.. this seems like a super cool idea. too bad I don't have any old rain boots lying around other than my sons that don't fit him anymore. :(
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 9:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No, but sounds like fun and ooh so creative!
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010