Have you check to see what your child needs to get a free pass to college?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes both my son and I stay on top of the requirements to be able to apply for various scholarships, I meet with his guidance counselor twice a year to set the goals with her and she and my son meet every few months as well to discuss this. My son is very aware of his grades and works hard to keep them where they are currently a 3.9 GPA and he is very athletic and stays on top to keep his name out there, as well as participating in a number of various clubs at school. I'm very much an advocate of education with my children, where we live it appears that most jobs require at least a bachelors degree and pay can vary based on education levels.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No I haven't, and I wouldn't. I'd sit her down with the school counselor and have her realize exactly what it takes, if she chooses to go to college. She'd have to understand that her grades and school performance do hinder these things. But overall, I find it her responsibility. Yes, I'd nudge her in the right direction but I will not do the work for her.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:08 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes. He has to take certain classes throughout high school and make a certain score on his ACT and he gets free college here.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes - I stay very on top of what my kids need to get into college. Those with college degrees have a much lower rate of unemployment right now than those who don't have one.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes I do all the time.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2010