Looking for some comfort please...

I have like another 4 months before the baby is due and when I think about it I start getting scared...scared of going into labor, the pain and the I won't be able to do it ugh, I feel awful any words would greatly help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You're going to be fine. For hundreds and hundreds of years women have been laboring and giving birth and they've survived it. Their hands will be on your shoulders when the day comes for you and you will do brilliantly. The pain is not unbearably intense even at its worst, and if you choose to geo the medication route you will be medicated long before it becomes its worst. Hwat else are you afraid of? All fo us as first time mothers are nervous about the experience but I am curious to know what is causing you such genuine terror...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I remember sitting on the operating table, prepped and ready for our second child, my second C-section, and telling the nurse that I didn't want to do it. The only thing that got me through it was remembering that I wouldn't remember the bad parts - only the great. And I was right.

Giving birth is scary shit. So have people around you that love you, read and research, make a birthing plan and focus on the amazing end result.

And actually HAVING a baby is much scarier than just giving birth. So get ready for that too!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I am as far along as you and view childbirth/labor as a test of will, just like a marathon. I exercise everyday for at least 20 mins. I want to be as physically fit as possible to deal with the birth and the recovery. I will take a birth class with my husband and have already read a lot about labor, etc. View this as you would any other thing in your life (finishing school, landing a job, managing your money) and you will be fine! Women have done this forever, your body will know what to do. In the meantime, know that there are things you can do to make the process easier.
    Anonymous

• Thank you very much ladies
    Anonymous

• you will be fine just dont think about it- thats how i got through my first pregnancy - and if i had freaked myself out the entire time i wouldnt have been able to enjoy it!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yep- don't worry, you'll be fine. Your body takes over and you're a fierce baby-delivering machine. Very delightfully primal. :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I got that way with my first, then after I had him I was like that wasn't so bad I can do it again. Now Im due again in feb. and getting just as scared as I did the first time. but I know I can do it again so i just get those thoughts outta my head as soon i start to think like that.I know it's hard too but just try not to think about it that way.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i feel u im 38 weeks and have been having contractions for like a week now they hurt so bad but they say they arnt strong enough if they dont do something bout it im gonna pull my hair out. im so scared of the actual labor pains
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Oh, honey. I felt just like you with my first baby. All I thought about for nine months was how scared I was to give birth. Honestly, it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I even did it without an epidural! By the time you are in labor, your will be so ready to have that baby that you won't care how bad it hurts. You will just want your baby. I'm not going to sugar coat it. It's not fun, but you will survive, I promise. I thought all those women who told me that you forget about the pain as soon as it's over were full of crap, but they were right! Just concentrate on the outcome. You will be fine. Try not to stress out about it too much. I know it's hard, but you have a while yet before you have to go through labor. Good luck. I wish you the best.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 6:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I wasnt all that scared untill i was actually in the hospital, being induced, and having contractions. After i started feeling them my brain went "oh no no no no! wait! wait! im not ready! Can we call a time out? cant i just go home and go back to bed? Oh that kinda hurt, oh boy, this is gonna suck. oh geez." (yea, my brain is verry taliktive.lol) The thing that really helped me was reading tones and tones of books on pregnancy and labor so i knew exactly what was going on with my body, and one book even had birth stories in it. The biggest thing to remember is just stay calm.I wont lie to you, it is going to hurt, and the pain will suck big time. But when it is all siad and done you realize that, wile you might not have thought it then, it wasnt any thing you couldnt handle. What really sucks is the recovery. lol. Any ways, if you ever wanna talk feel free to PM me.
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 12:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2008