Has any one felt like this???

my husband friends invited him bowling he ask me if i wanted to go with him --(well i dont talk to any of hes friends ) i said no because i didnt wanted to be all by myself but i said you could go --he said ok ill be back in a few hours -- when he left i got all upset and left out because what i really wanted inside is for him to stay with me but i didnt wnated to sound all selfish..and plus when i invite him to go out with my friends he always says no so i stay with him-- i kind of wanted the same thing from him--i know im sounding selfish but has any one been in this situation and felt like me???

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 4:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I did this years ago, but it was his brothers not friends. I just suddenly got crazy jealous and actually tracked him down and told some lame story about what I was doing. I am sure he knew I was psycho. Meanwhile, 19 years later I am still married to him (guess he likes psycho.) I have learned to get over myself and enjoy the time we do spend together. I am currently counting the days til he leaves for a hunting trip (23 1/2). I can't wait.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 5:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Have you tried making friends with his friends? Or next time invite your friends too and make a party out of it. The more the merrier. It's good to get out of the house and do things with other people every now and then.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 6:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I do things with my dh that I really don't like doing but I like being with him and our boys as a family. Hockey games for example. Marriage is full of give and take. Next time, go with him and try to enjoy yourself for a couple of hours. Giving each other some space is also good. Next time, you are invited out with your friends, go and let him stay at home. Have a talk with him and tell him you would like for him to join you sometimes with your friends.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 6:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• For one, men do not think like we do. You can't play those kinds of games and expect to win. You either need to tell him you want him to stay home with you, learn to play nice with his friends or suck it up and let him go hang out. Just because YOU do something doesn't mean he'll have the same response.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would not be playing games like that. Tell him what you want. Plain and simple.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• This used to happen to me, but then, I realized its selfish and wrong.
    When you are going out with your friends, and then you cange your plans to stay with him, he just thinks you dont really want to go out. GO OUT! have fun! Have some "me" time to reconnect with yourself. Everyone needs some time to themselves with their friends, and if DH doesnt want to go, oh well. YOU go. And when he goes out, you cant expect him to stay with you. He wants to go out and have fun. If you dont like his friends, fine. You dont have to. But he does. And as long as he isnt doing something to hurt you or the relationship, you need to swallow your insecurities and let him go. The first couple times it might be hard, but just know he loves you, and he is just having harmless fun. When he goes out, keep yourself busy, give yourself a spa night.
    And dont play mind games, its immature and guys dont get them anyways.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• never expect a man to do anything for one... and it is a bit selfish to me i've never done that to my SO if i didn't want to go somewhere i always tell him to go not expect him to stay... that is a choise all his own if he doesn't want to go... and it's yours too.. i'm sure he doesn't expect you to change your plans for him if he doesn't want to go out.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010