Ever actually eaten a real pomegranate?

Everyones getting on the pomegranate craze with pomegranate flavored everything from juice to enery shots to hand soap. What about you every eaten the actual fruit?

I have....er....well I am eating one right now and its really good. Its tedious to eat but its good. It's like a cross between corn, cranberries and oranges.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 4:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have had risotto with pomegranate in it. super yummy
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes I ate them all the time growing up love the way the seeds explode in your mouth with juice :) and kumkwats are good too :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• when i was little my grandma used to give them to us. we used to call them chinese apples. i'm really not sure why. it's been a long time since i've had one. i was surprised to see them mention in the Quran.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yeap I had... I actually seen it at the fruit section last week... Take too long to eat them & if you stain a T-shirt with it... forget it!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 5:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes I have! But am I the only one who stands next to a garbage can and spits out the seeds?! Not very lady like though, huh? ;P
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 5:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• lol at the one who spits the seeds out. i love pomegranates. i learned the best trick from my sister n law. cut it in half, and beat it from all sides, with the opened part in ur hand and a bowl under ur hand. beat it with the back of a knife and all the juicy pieces will just fall out. saves sooo much time and i thought it was the coolest thing ever, call me lame :O
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I believe it's only been once.
    mrsrobin

Answer by mrsrobin at 5:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No
    nurse4babies

Answer by nurse4babies at 5:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes I have. I don't like trying to get the seeds out. Even with beating the heck out of the back of it I still can't seem to get them out.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 6:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, love them, but they are a lot of work!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2010