How do i get my daughter to say mommy. the only word she says is daddy

she only says daddy dadda dad i been trying to teach her mommy but nothing she 7 mnths any tips--

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 5:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is a matter of time before she says Momma. Both my girs said Dadda first too.

Answer by louise2 at 5:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• keep saying mommy to her
    nurse4babies

Answer by nurse4babies at 5:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It all comes in time. Dada is often first.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Dada, or a variation of, is usually the first thing they say. I actually saw a report somewhere years ago about this subject. They pointed out that dada is one of the first noises babies make all over the world and "Dad", "Daddy" are only used in the English language, so they figured that the babies are not actually trying to say Daddy. But when you hear "mama", you will know she is definitely calling you:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Just keep saying it to her she will catch on its harder for babies to say mama or some variation of that as opposed to dada
    asweet_gurl04

Answer by asweet_gurl04 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• She will say it when she is ready to. You just simply keep reiderating it to her. Make it into a game by saying "Mamamamama" and she'll most likely say "Dadadadada" back to you. But it's the repeditive process to instill "Mamma" into her head that is the key. When she feels ready she'll say "Mamma", but simply saying it to her will encourage her to do so.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my bf would be so jealous of you he want our 7 months first word to be dada but she still aint said a word. you daughter will say mama, have your so call you mama instead of your name this might help.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 10:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Keep saying "ma ma" all the time. I did it all the time! My first said :Da da" first. I made sure my other 2 said "ma ma" first.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yeah just keep saying it to her she will catch on sometime. I'm still waiting my son is 8 months he calls me and his father da da. I say mama and he says da da and laughs.
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 2:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010