How low can it go?

For the second time in a week, a prominent Democrat has downgraded Barack Obama's definition of the middle class -- leading Republicans to question whether he'll stick to his promise not to raise taxes on anyone making under $250,000.

The latest hiccup in the campaign message came Friday morning on KOA-AM, when New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson pegged the middle class as those making $120,000 and under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G88ebXY2uaI

How low is this going to GO? Yes I am not an idiot I DO realize that Obama is not the one quoted, howver there will be a dem controlled house AND senate if he wins and they can push whatever they want thrugh! What do ya'll think about it?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally, I don't think anyone will know unless he gets in. I don't really believe anything he or McCain promises. Everything changes once they get into office.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 2:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Obama him self has already lowered it.. in one of his ads he had it at 200,000... Beiden has given a lower number.. and if he gets in, we will all be in trouble.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I agree with Su-Z-Q. You can't really believe every word that they say when they are running. We will find out when this is all over who is really going to do what.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Here...Here...Bonn777 : ) Well put.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Most Democrats do think anyone making over 100k are wealthy. I already know we will be taxes heavily under Obama. We will make it but will have to stop our charity contributions. We help more giving to the women's shelter than Obama would giving welfare hand outs to his very whiny and lazy base.

Anonymous

• $42K a year is the median income for middle class. That is the cut off point.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• There's a difference between defining the middle class and Obama defining who will not receive a tax increase.
    Anonymous

• I think it will continue to change depending on who he is speaking to and on what day and perhaps even which direction the wind is blowing at the time.
    Anonymous

• Aren't you tired of this yet...seriously, find something else to obsess about. Republicans talk about Obama way more than Democrats do, and while I'm sure he enjoys all the stalkers, it's just BS. Get a life.
    Anonymous

• anon 5:23 Yes Im tired of it but like to know what others are thinking. If you are so tired why did you bother responding and so hatefully at that.
    Anonymous