What Helps to Relieve Constipation During Pregnancy? adult content

Help!!!!! I know it is TMI, but I have to find a way to be able to go! I am going to explode!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Water, apples, apple juice or (my favorite) a spoonful or two of olive oil before bed.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Fiber bars are good, and drink lots of water after.

Answer by older at 8:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I was always told to have lots of fiber and then make sure to have a good amount of fruit like prunes, oranges, pears, and strawberries.
    Plus lots of water.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Drink lots of water. Maybe try apple juice that seems to clear me out
    asweet_gurl04

Answer by asweet_gurl04 at 8:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Karo syrup...about 1tb in a cup of war water...works quickly
    LoriannMc

Answer by LoriannMc at 8:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• apple juice, definitely. and fiber bars or cereal. towards the end of the pregnancy it happens a lot - it's very common, and unfortunately u get hemmorhoids from it! not a pretty sight!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My doctor told me to use Colace because my constipation got so bad. And I was eating lots of fiber-rich foods, lots of fruits and veggies, 100% apple juice and even prune juice! Still didn't relieve it. But the Colace did!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Colace is a laxative by the way, just in case you didn't know. :) I hope you get relief soon!
    poptart0325

• i have the same problem, eat a lot of veggies and fiber products and chew your food and drink a lot of water
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm on double iron and double calcium supplements due to iron-deficiency anemia and bone density issues, so constipation is certainly an issue for me. I have been managing the problem successfully by eating a lot of dried fruit (raisins, dried apricots and crasins mostly), sometimes I make oatmeal cookies packed with dried fruit, the oatmeal plus the dried fruit seems to work more effectively that either one alone. I eat a lot of dark green leafy veggies like spinach and romaine, and orange vegetables like pumpkin, all are packed with both soluble and insoluble fiber. Drinking at least 64oz of water a day and making sure I get my walking exercise in helps too.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2010