husband to clingy?

Okay my husband is mad cause I don't call him on breaks. We ride to work together to work and spend the nights together. My breaks are my time to me. He gets way upset when I try to have a girls night once a month and try and take my phone the car keys etc. What should I do?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 8:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like he may be controlling rather than clingy, which is very unhealthy in a relationship. Nip that crap in the bud now before it gets out of control. Good luck to you:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ask him to do the same thing your doing maybe then it will be fair.

Answer by older at 8:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My hubby isn't necessarily clingy, but he gets mad at me like that too. if he knows I'm on lunch/break, or just got outta work, and the phone doesn't ring at the minute I'm done, he gets mad as if I'm with another guy or something! It's really bizarre cuz he's older and I give him absolutely no reason to even think like that! The one day I was on maternity leave and slept in, he thought I was on the phone with guys all morning - ummm I was SLEEPING!!! And I NEVER go out, even for girls night, but he has his freedom. It's a sticky situation, especially like me if you give them no reason to even think like that. You have to just be you, I know I'm doing nothing wrong and if he wants to think that way, then let him.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm in a new relationship that the man is possessive and clingy, but I'm actually loving it. The last guy I had actually took time off from his work w/o being sick when I drove off to another town to work. My ex, he would complain that I was too noisy in the kitchen and by the second day (the weekend), he was becoming irritable (like clockwork). But when I left, he was all hugs and kisses (then called work to take the day off). This made me feel very unloved and horrible, like he was pretending.

This new guy wants to be with me all the time. All I'm doing is working, so I don't mind. And, I love the attention.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• This sounds to me like a classic case of domestic abuse. It needs nipping in the bud a.s.a.p. as it will only continue and most likely get more intense. Good luck.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Sounds like he needs to get some friends of his own, and stop being mad because you have friends that want to do things with you!
    You should be able to go out with your friends and have "me time", AT LEAST once a month. He sounds insecure and controlling to me...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010