Hey you DEMOCRATS!

The polls say that the country has more democrats than republicans, and yet there are more republicans who plan to vote today!

So basically, we are likely going to have people elected to government who DO NOT represent the majority of our citizens!!!

If you are a democrat, what's your excuse for staying home?????

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 8:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am just as frightened by the " throw them all out" mentality as I am by those who vote a straight party line. So many seem to be so REACTIONARY when it comes to the voting process and IMO, these are the folks who end up frustrated and bitter when magical results do not appear. The best approach? Lots of research and education. Pick the best candidates based on history and voting records. In terms of the initiatives/prop,s vote what you think would work best in your area. Being an educated voter does not necessarily equate with being angry- education takes a great deal of time and work.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• How about not voting based on your party, but on the candidate?

Answer by missanc at 8:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes and there are almost as many Independent ppl in the country as they are Republicans. So to say that the majority of Americans won't be represented is nothing but spin for the a$$ kicking the Dems are gonna get today. I would say sorry but I'm not ;)
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 8:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Exactly right, missanc. If people would vote for the right candidate instead of straight party line we might actually get somewhere .
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I usually vote Democratic or Independent. I've never agreed with a Republican on enough of the big issues to vote for them.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am a democrat and so are most of my family. We all vote in every election, local, primary, national

I also encourage everyone around me to vote (yes, even the republicans) and have 2 people at my job that weren't going to vote and now are

Everyone should be ashamed of themselves of they can vot but choose not too....

History should be the biggest motivator

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm registered Dem, and will be voting today, but I vote based on the person not the party so I'm just as likely to vote Rep as Dem.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:11 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, I am! My DS just woke up, so after he's done with breakfast we'll be heading to the polls. I agree with Sweet-a-kins, EVERYONE should exercise their right to vote. I encourage and remind everyone to do so, even if I know they have different views from me. My family has Democrats, Republicans, and Independents--so lots of different and valid opinions here. We live in a mostly Republican area though. I know it's easy to get discouraged if your views are in the minority in your area (like mine are), but I still want to make a difference and have my say on things--even if it's just for one day.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm voting right after work!
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 9:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm not "staying home" and never have. Our polls aren't even open yet.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010