what foods do you feed your 22 month old

running out of ideas for foods for my 22 month old.she is VERY picky.so far the only things she will eat without fuss are: raman noodle,cheese,breast milk,milk,cherrios,sometimes corn and tomatoe soup.
i have tried almost everything i can think of.and am out of ideas on what to try.never know maybe someone might have a new idea.and if anyone knows a good cookbook with toddler foods let me know please.and the foods need to be as cheap as possible.

Gods_Girl1979

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 8:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 23 month old's favorite food right now is cheese tortellini. I get the frozen ones at the grocery store and can boil a handful of them for his lunch - takes 5 minutes. He's not picky, so he eats whatever I eat. He loves any kind of fruit, and most vegetables. He also loves all types of beans - lima beans, green beans, black eyed peas, crowder peas, etc. Another favorite is cucumbers dipped in ranch - he loves to dip!

Answer by missanc at 8:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If I had to do it over again I would expect my kids to have whatever I was fixing that night at dinner. Lunch and breakfast were never a problem. I made the mistake of fixing a separate food for my picky eater and it caused so much stress in the family. Provide good nutitious foods and she will eventually start to try them. GL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My daughter, 2 is very picky too. She will eat applesauce, string cheese, beefaroni, meat balls, sliced ham, toast w/butter and cinnamon and sugar, pudding cups and diced peaches or any fruit cup.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree with ANON's answer above. My son is just a little older, and also very picky. I was starting to get tired of being a short order cook at every meal, so now we present him with all the things we're having for dinner and if he's hungry enough he'll eat it--sometimes he'll try new things, sometimes not. He tends to eat less at dinner than at breakfast, lunch, and snack times, so that's why I enforce this idea at that particular meal. I usually let him choose something for breakfast and lunch (just between a couple options) or at least make sure I serve something he's usually willing to eat. That way I know he had plenty of calories and as much nutritional variety as I can get with him being so picky, but I'm still enforcing an idea that he eats what the family eats (at least at dinner). I hope he grows out of this soon.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I too agree with anon. I feed my 21 month old whatever we're having for dinner.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Oh, I forgot to say, my son likes things like cheerios, spaghetti, yogurt, most fruits but only a couple veggies (I sneak others in by adding purees to yogurt or spaghetti sauce), cheese, and a few other things. He likes PB&J sandwiches and sometimes he'll eat turkey--if he gets a chewy piece he rejects the whole thing though. He won't eat pasta unless it has a red sauce. He will eat almost anything shaped like a pancake, so sometimes I make wheat pancakes with fruit and/or vegetable puree in the mix.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I also agree with Anon both my sons eat whatever we're eating. Lunches try cream cheese and jelly sandwiches or when you are making ramon try adding some sort of frozen veggies like peas or add some canned beans. Just continue to offer everything and they will eventually try it. My neices are really picky and was mostly caused (I think) by there mom from her saying "you won't like that." I think if they wanna try it let them. Good luck!!
    BJN2in10

Answer by BJN2in10 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My kids have eaten the same meals as the rest of the family since they were a year old. I have never catered to them, unless I made something that they truly couldn't eat - and even then they wanted to try it and we let them (steak, tacos, spicy stuff). Don't give in and feed the child what they want, feed them what you & your family are eating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son is 16 month old and he eats just about anything.i have stopped giving him baby food by the age of 12 month.kids have to be introduced to food.Try making it more fun like for example play the chu chu train or pretend to eat it urself and show her how good the food tastes.and if it doesn't work the first time don't give up and try it again in a few days.NOW is the time where they learn eating.They have to get used to it or u will have a picky eater for good.
    kimylina

Answer by kimylina at 11:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son eats whatever i make... we don't allow for pickiness. He gets what we are having and nothing else... he can then choose what he wants to eat... sometimes he will just take a couple of bites, sometimes he will eat everything, but he doesn't get a special meal if he chooses not to eat and he also doesn't get a snack if he didn't eat his meal (no filling up on something "better" later on)

The cook book the Sneaky Chef (and other books like it) has good meal ideas and sneaky ways to get veges and other good stuff in your child's favorite foods. Today we had homemade mini pizza's (easy to sneak in veges... puree things like spinach and red peppers!) and cooked carrots. If your toddler likes cheese, does she like things like mac and cheese? we mix in veges... cauliflower hides well either in chunks or puree it.

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010