How heavy is the implantation bleeding?

Hi, I am trying for my second baby. Didn't have any implantation bleeding during first. Just curious if any one had implantation bleeding how heavy is it and does it last a day or two or is it more like spotting and lasts few hours?
I was late 3 days and was really hopeful that I have conceived, but started bleeding today morning, but it is very light and not like my regular period. I have had very light periods in the past although not lately.

SweKrish

Asked by SweKrish at 2:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I had that... it was like a light, short period. Which I thought was my period, actually!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Though it's rare, you CAN still have a period while pregnant. Sometimes it's just the old endometrium sloughing away, sometimes your body just takes awhile to build up enough hCG to stop a period altogether. My mom had periods for the first 5 months when she was pregnant with me, and hers were regular. I have a friend who just delivered her third baby, and she had very light bleeding around the same time as her period would have been...well...obviously she was preggo!!! Best of luck and baby dust!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Just from experience......Mine has always been just spotting and only lasts a part of the day, but I have had friends that say they were kinda heavy bleeding and turned out preggo.

So its possible you are. Good Luck!!!!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 9:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2008