Live in an area of corrections and military & I don't share that status quo jobwise

I live in an area of correction (prison) and military. These two fields I am not in. In the last fifteen years or so, I have connected with these people as a way to stay sheltered. But, I feel that I have never gotten an respect throughout my life because I don't share the same status quo jobwise. Any other jobs that are sustainable (or at least full time), just don't exist. When I'm trying to find direction, or at least a job connection through friends and "family", it's like I'm alone on a desert island. (The job force here offers nothing - going at least a year w/no luck). Any other job requires relocation.
When I mention the possibility of moving, I'm looked at like I'm crazy. Well, I'm unsafe because I cannot find a sustainable job (they'll kick me out eventually). How can a "winner on the inside" make a giant personal move w/o money or support to a large city and make new friends?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 8:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• The economony is like that every where, so don't feel bad.. i was unemployed living in Orange County Ca, and surrounding large counties looking for work for over a year.. It's not you it's ALL the people applying for that same position you are applying for.. I have great experience in accounting for construction companies and with no luck. Just look at the bigger picture and how many others who are unemoloyed too.. I moved 3 times to try to look for work even out of state and didn't have luck either.. It's a rat race out there right now. Sooooooo do not take it personal ;)... I bet your one of those gals who work your butt off if someone would just give you a chance! Don't give eventually all your hard work will pay off.. it always does ;)... think positive and positive things will happen ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010