Do you color your hair?

I color my hair usually a brown but I have done reds & blonde. I need to color it again. I was looking at my hair in the mirror and my roots are white. A really pretty white. I am 63 yrs old. I never wanted gray but white is different. What would you do? And What DO you do?

depressedmom65

Asked by depressedmom65 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• nop , i like mine
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i do color. i've colored my hair for the fun of it, every color of the spectrum it seems, since age 14. i'm 42 now, and its become a 'cover the gray' act, now. i'm about 20%gray, and of course, the majority is up front, in the hairline, so its an every 4wk-job.
    i don't see 'going gray' as my choice; i'll color my hair until i no longer no what my name is!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes
    nurse4babies

Answer by nurse4babies at 9:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• usually you can let it grow out... what I am doing is high and low lights - I want to cover the gray. To go to your "natural" color you could have it lightened or stripped. Stripping is really damaging though.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 9:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, I love getting my hair colored. I wish I didn't love it though, it's pretty damaging.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have colored my hair since I was sixteen, I am now going to let the gray show. I am proud of every gray hair my kids gave me, lol
    Sapphire51

Answer by Sapphire51 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i dye my hair and as i am only 19 i dye it everytime my roots come thru but if its your natural colour you are looking for they sell hair strippers in super drug that takes all excess dye away and brings your natural colour back xx
    KAT1991

Answer by KAT1991 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yep, red.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• hahahaha do i ever! i'm naturally a brunette, but ever since i started dyeing my hair (at 13) i've been every color from platinum blonde to jet black (black was my fave; i rocked it for about 10 years). these days it's my natural color; i just dye it to cover the gray hair that's beginning to grow in.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I color my hair I hate greys!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 2, 2010