What was the longest you've been in labor?

I was in labor with my first for 21 hours - my water broke at 4am and he wasn't born until 1 am the following day! And i didn't eat since 5pm the night before my water broke (bad mistake!!). Talk about a miserable cranky hungry preggo in labor for that long on nothing but the IV of sugar water! I know for this one due in December I'm eating something before I go in!

SweetPieMama24

Asked by SweetPieMama24 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• About 4 1/2 hours. My water broke with my first at 7:30 am, but since nothing was happening, they induced with pitocin around noon and I had her at 4:05 pm. With my second- same thing. My water broke around 6 pm, I was induced at 10 pm with pitocin and had her only 20 minutes later. With my 3rd, I was getting reading to be induced at 6 am but went into natural labor and had him at 9:54 am. I'm due with this one on Jan 1st, but this pregnancy has been so easy that I'm almost looking for something to go wrong and the labor lasting for like 3 days!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• LOL, I learned that lesson with my 1st. With 2, 3, and 4, I've always had a snack before going to the hospital.

My longest labor was also with my 1st. It was 16 hours from water breaking (4am) to her being born (8pm). #s 2 and 3 were 1/2 that at 8 hours each. And #4 was 1/2 those at 4 hours from water breaking(4am) to her being born(8am).
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• 30 hrs
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• 4 hours. I still had breakfast before (while I was looking up online what to do when your water breaks), and immediately after, I had more breakfast, LOL.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My hubby even suggested having a snack before going in and I was just too excited and nervous and didn't wanna eat - big mistake! HAHA. IhartU they also had to induce me cuz my water broke and nothing was happening, so by 7:30 am I got the pitocin. I was having contractions 2 mins apart from there on out - but I wasn't dilating! It was so annoying. I hope this one (due Dec 10th) goes a lot faster!!
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• SweetPieMama24... that would suck to be induced and not dialate!

With my middle daughter- that 20 mintues of labor was the WORST pain I've ever had in my life. I HATE being induced because the pain is so much stronger. With my son, the labor was natural and even though he was the biggest of my babies, he was the easiest to have and I think it's because there was no pitocin involved.

I hope everything goes better for you with this one!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• 17 hours
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yeah I was SLOWLY dilating - we couldn't figure it out. Finally by midnight (now 20 hours after the water broke) the doctor suggested a C-section and I refused, and she found one tiny bag of water that didn't break with the initial water break, and not even 20 mins later I was pushing! That tiny bag of water held us up for all those hours!! After they gave me the pitocin in the morning, those contractions were so unbearable I gave in and got the epidural (which, btw, wore off by like 7pm so I gave birth feeling everything!)
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• 14 1/2 hours!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• With my first it was less than 2 hours. My water broke at 1230am and he was born at 234am via emergency c-section. It was a scheduled c-section but when I got there and was 9.5 cm it turned into an emergency one.
    My daughter My water "sprung a leak" at 2am on like a Monday (they were hoping she would not be born cause I was only 30 weeks). I started having contractions around 10pm on Tuesday night and she was born via emergency c-section at 234am. Although the dr had to hold her in cause she was coming backwards...they told me the goal for the next one is to beat my labor cause I go from 1-10 in minutes!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010