Baby Shower for #3?

I'm preg with #3, and am confused. I have 2 boys- 4 and 6, and had given all the baby clothes, swing, car seat, bouncer on to homes that needed it for various reasons. Now, all I have is the crib, tub, bassinet and breast pump. My MIL mentioned that I should have a shower after little one came to help out, but I'm weird about asking for help... We do need some help getting some of the supplies as they can be expensive, but aren't baby showers for the First pregnancy?

HopetheKitty

Asked by HopetheKitty at 9:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If I was a close friend or relative I would definitely go. Every kid deserves a celebration!!!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think each baby can be celebrated with a shower, even if you didn't need anything, just as support and games.. but if you now need things then sure, why not..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I had one with #1, #3, and #4. If someone else offers to give you one, then yes. But you shouldn't throw one for yourself.

Answer by missanc at 10:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Maybe you can have a shower with your close friends and people who know that you've already donated your previous items to a good cause. I'd be more willing to help a friend who donated all of their previous things, rather than a friend who just want's more stuff, newer stuff, etc...
    Explain to them what happened with your other stuff and any gift, even small would be very much appreciated.

:) Good luck, and congratulations.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If someone offers to throw a shower for you It's fine to accept...even if it's baby number three.

Most people will bring a gift when they come to see the baby for the first time after he/she is born. I always take a gift even if I've been to a shower.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:08 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I had a shower with #1 and #3...All 3 of my boys are 5 years apart and I kept very little for the next one, because I wasn't sure if I was going to have any more kids. Only close friends and relatives were invited for #3's shower, but they new my finances were low due to being unemployed, so they didn't question the need for another shower.
    deedle74

Answer by deedle74 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think every child deserves a shower no matter whether its #1 or #10.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010