Grandpa is in my closet

My son is turning 3 in one week. On saturday he woke up screaming that grandpa was in his closet and has been terrified everyweek. He has very good vocabulary so we did talk about it and he kept repeating, grandpa was in my closet, why was he in my closet etc.. I asked which grandpa or as many questions as I could but all he could say was he was wearing a white shirt.. grandpa... well he has 3 grandpas and none of them does he call just "grandpa" One is papi - and the others are grandpa gary and grandpa Jim - so i asked if that is who it was and he said No, it was grandpa but ever since he has been afraid to go to sleep. He already has night lights and special bedtime toys, I've told him monsters don't live at mommys house and we have finger "monster spray" is this common? what else can I do to ease his mind at bedtime?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe he had a nightmare or accidentally saw something scary on TV? I would ask him why he's scared of grandpa being in the closet. That is a little strange.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• ghost perhaps? Research your property

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• kids are great , they see all kids of things. he may have seen something you never know... but your doing good by reminding him its ok
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• some kids ask for more attention so they invent some stories and keep beleive that it exist , try to not make this story bigger in front of him and see his react ...
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Lay in his room with him til he falls asleep for a night or two
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2010