OH MY GOD !

We have been going through a very hard time lately. My husband lost his job going on 3 months ago, I was taking care of other children in my home, but I have been so sick I had to cut down on the days, and wasnt even able to get into the Drs because we didnt have insurance ( we were just now able to get onto the medical card), we just had to move into a VERY small 2 bedroom house ( about 850 sg. feet) , then to top it off our only car ( which we just bought brand new 2 years ago) started acting up and will barely even start now.

Like I said we finally were able to get onto the medical card and found a DR so I could find out what was wrong with me ( we were afraid I had cancer regrowth from 2 years ago) .... come to find out I am 4 months pregnant with TWINS !!!

We didnt think we could have anymore ( we have 2 that took over a year to get pregnant with each) . I am so scared !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Well Congrats!! Enjoy your family and it WILL get better. HUGS
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You said "Oh MY God" he's the one to call on. You will be just fine just stay positive and strong. Everything happens for a reasons and all the things you going through right now will make you stronger for the future. Hang in there and good luck!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 10:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• What nice surprise! and a scary one too, with financial problems....but you know my mother has an old Cuban saying that pretty much translates into this: each baby that is born comes with bread under his arm! You will be ok.

Answer by older at 10:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Congratulations on the babies! It sounds like you have been thru a lot in a short time, and to have an unexpected pregnancy would be quite a surprise indeed. You need to take each day as it comes and try not to stress yourself out. Take deep breaths, think good thoughts and remember that things have a way of working out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• congrats on the tweens.I belive that everything happens for a reason.U might not know y everything is happening right now but i a pretty sure that one day u wil understand y it all had to happen.Just keep ur head up and prepare urselfs for the twins.The answer will come to u
    kimylina

Answer by kimylina at 11:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• congrats! maybe this is the begining of stuff turning around for you!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Wow, what unexpected news. It must have left you so torn on how to feel- excited and happy but also scared and wondering how it will all work. I think now is the time to have a little faith. Sometimes the DH and I have to remind ourselves that everything works out eventually. You have a roof over your head even if it's small, the car starts even if barely, you have two other children and two on the way and god-willing they are happy and healthy and safe. Millions of people in this world can not even say they have those things. Keep your mind and your heart open and look for opportunities around every corner and be as resourceful as possible and I am sure you will get thru this and come out the other side. Best of luck to you and congratulations on your growing family.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• First of all my favorite saying is in order here "This too shall pass"
    Secondly, no matter what the situation do ur best to see the glass as half full instead of half empty. I know it's hard to do, but it will help ALOT! Also, I am going to reffer you and your husbandto this website. Check it out, it might help more than u know!! marriagetoday.org Good Luck!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Didn't you have any idea you were pregnant? No skipped periods?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The good news is that you are now eligible for WIC and food stamps, plus medical, and possibly cash assistance. Take advantage of these programs, they are for people who find themselves in an unfortunate situation and will help you until things get better. Tell your husband to keep on looking for work, something will come up. God never gives us more than we can deal with, whether we realize it or not!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010