How do you feel about people that don't vote?

Was having this discussion with a friend and it got me curious.. how do most people feel about others who don't vote? Does it anger you that they don't exercise this right? Or do you feel it's their right to vote or not to vote? Or do you just not care either way??

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• its their right, for sure. but i think its also a a great disservice they do to themselves by not being involved. and i hate hearing them bitch about stuff.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It is their right to vote or not to vote. I don't want to hear them whine if they are not participating in the process.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Or perhaps, kerp1960, we simply are attacked by real life and we cannot always manage to vote. It is simple fact that real life happens even when you don't want it to.
    Also, at least she was able to get her point across without using internet chat speak. Get off of your high horse about the grammar, this is an internet forum after all.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't care. I always vote presidential. Rarely do I vote for anything else. I'm voting tonight though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It is there right to vote or not to vote.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• wow..I agree with you on that one Kerp. I also agree that people who don't vote shouldn't complain. It kinda angers me because of all the excuses they give. It angers me that many men and women have fought and died for our freedoms and liberties. In other countries people are killed for voting or threatened yet they'll wait in long lines to vote. I think many Americans have become complacent and take our rights and freedoms for granted.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I guess I should answer my own question here... I am not entirely on one side or the other. I do feel that people WHO don't vote (please ms teacher don't take my gold star off the board) are wasting a freedom that many, many people have fought for. I find it somewhat disrespectful. On the other hand, there is NO WAY I'd ever wish voting to be mandatory, because then what would have been the point of fighting for the freedoms that we have if we're just going to be forced to do something? I've been told by some people they are too busy to look into it.. but what these people fail to realize is that the kids they are busy raising will be growing up in a world affected by votes done TODAY, and they are being completely inactive in shaping that world. to me that is irresponsible. I'm sure every non-voter has their reasons for doing what they are doing, and I'm not here to judge those reasons...........
    mhaney03

Comment by mhaney03 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I just would hope that more people would come to the polls and take an active role in shaping the future of this country.
    mhaney03

Comment by mhaney03 (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would prefer that those who are too ignorant to care stay home. Encouraging them to show up once in a while with some flashy ads and catchy slogans to vote for things they don't understand is how we end up with the mess we have now.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I understand what you are saying NP. I didn't mean for people to vote blindly.
    mhaney03

Comment by mhaney03 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2010