My son is almost 8 months and he can't sit up by himself. Not sure what to do.

lwattar

Asked by lwattar at 10:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your local Birth to 3 program for a consultation. Your pediatrician can give you a referral

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Sit him on the floor w/ his legs spread and put his on the floor in front of him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• also what helped me with my daughter was a Boppy pillow! love it! sit her on the floor put the pillow around her and sit a toy she likes in front of her...sit behind her to catch a fall! worked with my little one!
    sarahmarie105

Answer by sarahmarie105 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My dd didnt sit up til she was 8mths. I was concerned too but just try what matthewscandi says. Is he a big boy? My dd has a big head lol & i think it makes her late on many things. Shes 13mths now & barely crawled a wk before her bday. Now shes pulls up & is trying to walk. I feel like shes in normal schedule.
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Is he close? He's probably fine. All kids are different. As long as he's moving. Does he roll over? He'll get there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my son has a big head so he cant sit up either but our infant toddler program told us to sit him with a boppy pillow going around the front of him so he can catch him self easier with the pillow.. it seems to be working.. so i would check with your doctor or with the schools cause they can do wonders.. they might even do therapy to help... we were told to stay away from exercausers cause they do not help with the balance it actually slows it down..
    Levink_08

Answer by Levink_08 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010