is 30 old?

Obsurd question right? When someone dies in their 30's most say "oh they died so young", most women conceive in their 30's no problem, 30-somethings can still blend in at the college bars, they can still look youthful...etc. Well i'm turning 30 on thursday and to be honest, I feel like i'm getting old. I had a dream last night that SO and I were at a college bar in a room w/ a guy and 2 chicks in their 20's. One gir was wearing a slutty cowgirl outfit. She kept leaving the room and every time she came back her midriff got more exposed. A couple had a camera and asked her how many sexy poses she could do for the camera. She started posing like a playboy/maxim model. The other girl was sitting and watching while licking a lollipop. SO was drooling over the girl posing. I hit him and ran to another room to grab a cigarette. The guy and the girl sitting both made fun of me, saying soon I'd be 40

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As someone who is older than 30 I can say I don't think it is old.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• DH and I turned 40 this year and had twins. While 30 is somewhat of a turning point, I don't think it's old. Just a bit wiser than before ;)
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'll be 34 in December. No, 30 is not old.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• 30 IS NOT OLD! 40 IS NOT OLD! They are just numbers. It may sound cliche', but you really are only as old as you feel. Dont compare yourself to the 20-somethings, b/c then you will feel depressed. But compare yourself to others close to your age & see how you feel then. I am always guessed to be at least 5 years younger than my actual age. (Hey, it may only be 5 yrs. but I'll take it) Heck, look at Brett Farve, he's 41 y/o & still playing in the NFL! Relax & enjoy this milestone b-day. Like a fine wine, we are getting better (& hopefully wise) w/ age! :) (*hugs)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Are you kidding me? 30 , 40 even 50 is still young!

Answer by older at 10:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• mrsmom110 is right u r only as old as u feel. I work with 20 somethings and they r very immature!! They act like 10 year olds.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am 44 and I am NOT old thank you very much! My oldest child is 24, and my youngest is 4. I have a lot of living left to do...God willing. My dad passed unexpectedly a year ago at 67...he was not even retired. HE died young!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My stepdad always told me that a woman wasn't truly beautiful until she was at least 30. At 37, I can look at women now at 30 and those younger and see that he was telling the truth. A lot of girls in their 20s still look like just that - girls. They haven't gained that "womanly" look that most of us get as we get a little older.

Answer by missanc at 10:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i dnt like ur question , scared me a bit
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:46 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am 33 working 34 in a month, AT first i thought omg im turning 30 , You know my 30'S have been the most fun, so i dont think were old. were just wiser
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:46 AM on Nov. 2, 2010