My son only has 2 teeth since he was months, and no more have come in. He is 8 months now.

When should more be coming in?

lwattar

Asked by lwattar at 10:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal. They get their teeth anytime up to 2 years.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• That is normal. Teeth (like other baby milestones) happen at their own time frame-- some babies get teeth early, some come in a bit later. Usually the teeth come in front to back- and the molars are last to arrive around age 2.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My 8 month old only has 2 teeth.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son got his bottom 3 teeth between 4 months and 6 months, then we had nothing from 6-9 months. Now he's almost 10 months and he's been cutting in the top two and the bottom 4th.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my daughter was 16m before her first tooth broke. her pediatrician said he wouldn't even begin to worry before 18m, and that was just for the first tooth. as with anything though, be sure to mention any concerns with your child's doctor at the next visit.

mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 10:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my DD didn't cut her first tooth until she was about 9 mos old and it takes her a very long time to cut her teeth. She is now 28 mos old and still hasn't gotten her last 2 molars on the bottom but I know they are coming b/c she is super whiny and her gums are swollen. Just be patient and they will come when they come.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My oldest got her first 2 teeth at 7 1/2 months and then didn't get any more until after she turned 1.  My middle daughter was still completely toothless when she turned 1 (her first one broke through a week later).  They come in when they come in.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010