Do you know the difference between

Hi Ladies

Do you ladies know the difference between yeast infection and bladder infection? and if you know any medication over the counter for them? Thanks for your time and your comments.

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• What r your symptoms? U can message me and we'll talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• bladder infections need to be treated with antibiotics and yeast infections can be treated with otc yeast medications like monistat. Yeast infections are uncomfortable and can cause severe itching in the vaginal area and bladder infections can cause sever pain when you are urinating. Like burning when you urinate, feeling like you haven't emptied your bladder and you have, and pain in your lower back.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• A bladder infection is bacteria in your bladder and urinary tract. A yeast infection is an overabundance of yeast in your vaginal area. Totally seperate areas, treated way differently. Get thee to thy doctor ASAP mama! Don't try to treat either one on your own - especiall if you don't know the difference!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• And the catch-22 is that if a person has a bladder infection or UTI, the antibiotics can cause a yeast infection because they kill the good bacteria down there and throw off the pH. The rare times I am on antibiotics, I always ask for a prescription for Diflucan to take as soon as I am done with the antibiotics.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• A trick that works for me if I have to be on anti-biotics or if I have yeast infection symptoms is to EAT yogurt about 3 times a day for a couple of weeks. (I capitalized EAT because I shared this secret with my sister and I guess I didn't specify EAT and she thought I meant....eh...er eh HEM! I was wondering why she thought it was so strange and kept asking me "are you sure?" Yeah - so make sure you EAT it!!! LOL)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thank you ladies for your time, I guess I have better go to the doctor just to be safe. Also at Babylove76 what kind of yogurt? Any flavor? or has to be natural only?
    bratgirln1

Comment by bratgirln1 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It can be whatever you like - I prefer mine to be fruit flavored. I always get the yoplait brand because my kids and I are saving pink lids for breast cancer and we eat A LOT of yogurt at our house! I think we all eat at least 2 a day if not more!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2010