How do u poddy train a boy?

I have 2 girls and haven d had troubles poddy training them.But with a boy its totally different since there is something down there and he just wound stay put. any tips on how to make it easier?

kimylina

Asked by kimylina at 10:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Boys r incapable of having control of their bowel and bladder until between 3 and 4 years old. It is a medical fact. That is one difference between boys and girls.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have 3 boys, and one of them liked to sit on the potty and aim it down to pee, the other liked to stand, hold it in place and pee. The 3rd has tried both. One thing you could try is put some cheerios or bits of paper in the potty as a 'target' for him to pee at, (my great nephew liked doing that)-- which works out good if he stands to pee.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• @Dancer: That answer was pure rubbish. Not ALL boys fit into a one size fits all description.

My son was COMPLETELY potty trained at 2.5. All that matters is whether or not the child (girl or boy) is showing all the readiness signs. Which can happen anywhere from 12 months up to 5 years.

Training a girl and boy require the same technique. When they are ready, buy underwear and stop diapers. Take said kid and have them sit on the potty and try every 15 minutes. Once they are consistent in doing this and have no accidents, up the time to 30 minutes and repeat until either the kid is going on their own or they can go without being reminded and are not having any accidents.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My DS will be 3 in March and I would LOVE to have him potty trained by his birthday but I dont think he will be. He has a major speech delay so he doesnt really understand to much but we have been working with him a little here and there.
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son potty trained himself at 3 years and 2months. I never did any tricks, never took him the bathroom every 15 minutes,etc. I just let him have control. He took control and potty trained himself in 2 weeks. My dh and I joke all the time....that we were just along for the ride. Been potty trained for over a year, no relapse, no accidents.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010