Do you think Obama, with a Democratic House and Senate, has done ANYTHING?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#39959392

To see (after the ad...sorry) what some media thinks has been done by their 'trifecta', check this list.

Are you surprised? If so, is it more or less than you expected?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 10:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• What I think is that people do not understand the big picture of it all. It doesn't matter WHO was elected, nor what they say. Everything is controlled by a much higher power than you or I know about. No ONE man can make a difference, nor chose what happens. What I do think is that there are SO MANY YOUNG PEOPLE who are in this for the very first time that they do not know how this works. So, in turn they are getting angry at this ONE person because HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. This is totally wrong.   If you were older and more mature, you would see that this is how it's always been run and NOTHING YOU DO will make a difference.  You can write in a candidate for all it truly matter.  So, welcome to the real world!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think he's done some things, but not anything that the American people want. The troops leaving Iraq was signed by Bush back in 2008, all that Obama did was not step in and screw it up, like he did everything else. Health care 'reform' (which didn't actually reform anything but just forces everyone to buy into a broken system) and spending/wasting more money than any other president in our history were both unwanted by the American public.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• • Ordered the Pentagon to send additional helicopters to assist US Marine units and Special Forces in Afghanistan (2009)

• Increased unmanned drone strikes on Taliban and al-Qaeda targets in Afghanistan (2009)

• Ended the Bush-era “stop-loss” policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date (2009)

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Cut the expensive Reagan era missile defense program, saving $1.4 billion in 2010 (2009)

• Cancelled plans to station anti-ballistic missile systems in Poland and the Czech Republic (2009)

• Replacing long-range, expensive missile systems with more efficient smaller systems (2009)

• Increased US Navy patrols off the Somali coast in response to pirating (2009)

• Established a new cyber security office and appointed a cyber security czar (2009)

• Ordered the first nation-wide comprehensive cyber threat assessment (2009)

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane (which wasn’t even used in Iraq/Afghanistan) and other outdated weapons systems (2009)

• Announced his intention to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay (2009) * Note: The closure has been delayed due to massive opposition but it remains on the agenda.

• Stated his interest in housing terrorists at a new federal “super max” facility in the US (2009) * Note: this has been delayed in the face of massive opposition but it remains on the agenda

sweet-a-kins

• Yes, I think they forwarded their agenda, without regard to the cost of it to our children and great grand children. (I listened to the whole Maddow show clip).

Ok, let me put it this way. I go to work tonight, as a server for the company I managed at for five years. If I go into the restaurant, and work my ASS off, but work the wrong position doing the wrong job, I'm still going to get sent home. It won't matter that I worked hard, it will only matter that I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing.

Using that logic, let's start with the stimulus. Billions of dollars billowing out the door in waste. Should we hold it up as an achievement that it got passed? No. I don't. It doesn't take any real work to pass stuff when most of the people you are working with agree with you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

•  

MILITARY & VETERANS

• Ordered the Pentagon to cover expenses of families of fallen soldiers if they wish to be on site when the body arrives back in the US (2009)

• Ended the Bush-era “blackout” imposed on media coverage of the return of fallen US soldiers (2009) * Note: The media is now permitted to cover the story pending adherence to respectful rules and with the approval of the fallen soldier’s family

• Ended the Bush-era “black out” policy on media coverage of war casualties (2009) * Note: Full information is now released for the first time in the War on Terror

• Ordered better body armor to be procured for US troops (2009)

sweet-a-kins

• Ordered the White House and all federal agencies to respect the Freedom of Information Act and overturned Bush-era limits on accessibility of federal documents (2009)

• Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible (2009)

• Placed limits on lobbyists’ access to the White House (2009)

• Placed limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration (2009)

• Signed a measure strengthening registration and reporting requirements for lobbyists (2009)

• Ordered that lobbyists must be removed from and are no longer permitted to serve on federal and White House advisory panels and boards (2009) * Note: After saying he would not hire lobbyists, a few have been hired in the Administration

sweet-a-kins

• Issued the “Open Gov Directive” ordering all Cabinet departments to promote transparency and citizen participation in their policies (2010)

• Signed extensions on banning lobbyists from serving on agency boards (2010)

• Developed the “Don Not Pay List” with data on contractors and recipients of federal funds who are deemed to be ineligible because of fraud and abuse (2010)

sweet-a-kins