Do you have a good meatloaf recipe?

I've never liked meatloaf, but I'm willing to try it again, if the recipe is good enough. I don't like onions or celery; the last meatloaf I had contained both of those items. Any ideas?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Honestly, if you don't like most recipes try creating your own. Put what you like into it. I've heard of people who put potato in theirs!
    For mine, I use beef, 1-2 eggs, italian bread crumbs/oatmeal, onions and various seasonings (whatever smells good!). The trick for mine though is that I mold my meatloaf into the shape of a donut....with the hole in the middle and all. Then I stick it on a broiler pan. It cooks more evenly, faster and drains off a lot of the grease. If you'd like, you can make a dip all the way around it on top and put ketchup on it (my mom loves that). I've also tried adding worchestershire sauce and barbeque sauce to the beef mix :)
    Good luck!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/easy-meatloaf/Detail.aspx

This is the one I use.  I replace the bread crumbs with cracker crumbs and saute the onions in butter before adding them.  This removes a lot of the super strong onion flavor.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Rempel-Family-Meatloaf/Detail.aspx

^^^ that recipe is effing amazing!!! I LOOOOOVE IT! and so does everyone who tries it
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 12:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My meatloaf has ground turkey in it, knors soup mix, egg whites, oatmeal, onions, salsa. If this sounds good let me know. I will get the recipe for you.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• italian meatloaf is our new favorite-look on Paula Deen on foodtv.com it's great!!!
    MLH92108

Answer by MLH92108 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010