where did all the flies come from?!?!?

so i've been in my basement a lot for the past week and i haven't seen a single fly. now all of the sudden i go down there last night and there are TONS. and this morning i go down there with a fly swatter and they are just everywhere! what does this mean? is/were there a bunch of maggots in my basement??? (it's an open basement (back door opens to the backyard) with a garage attached)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they most likely found a hole big enough to get in away from the winter weather that's sneaking up on us and they plan to stay...GRRRRR. Some have done this to me as well just get some cheap fly killer at walmart and then next spring caulk up all your tiny holes.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, you must of had maggots that turned into flies. Do you have a dog? Sometimes my dog will get in the garbage and hide food around my house!! I have to put the garbage up at night now. Flies freak me the hell out!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't even have a basement & they have been coming into just my regular house! Its just because its changing seasons. I highly doubt there were maggots...if you are in the basement that often you would notice rotting food laying around. Just get those things that hang from the ceiling from walmart. At least they are in the basement & not up where guests are :) It may be gross but that life ):
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 11:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We had this problem this year with fruit flies. Good luck swatting.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• That's Weird! b/c i was thinking the exact same thing last night! i opened my door yesterday to let some fresh air in & there were like 10 Flies that came in- every time i turned around i was trying to kill one- i have no idea why but, my dog is Absolutely Petrified of them so, it drives me Double Crazy!LOL!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Larva
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• OH I HATE FLIES.
    MAYBE THERE WAS A SMALL NEST THAT HATCHED.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010