black mold growing everywhere

there is black mold growing all over my moms house. i know in one spot there's a water leak, not sure why it's growing in others. i've been staying here for a few days and everytime i sleep here i wake up really sick and my throat hurts. i go stay with my boyfriend and i'm fine. i come back here and clean and i feel sick again. what should i do? if staying here going to really hurt me? i don't want to get really sick. i can't call in at my job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• What about your poor mother who lives there? You need to get it fixed for her!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You should call in a mold specialist and deal with this, your mom is being exposed to this and it can be a health hazard, don't wait one more day and fix this..................................................

Answer by older at 11:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• um yeah...mold is DEADLY. why are you worrying about missing work? get you and your mom away from it!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes black mold is really toxic and can make you really sick. Bleach kills it but most of the time, you have to cut out the drywall and insulation to truly get rid of it. It can cause all kinds of respiratory problems and certain kinds of cancer.
    mgeorge6404

Answer by mgeorge6404 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You need to get a contractor out there to get it fixed and get you and your Mom out till its completed. Your health will be impaired other wise and your mother will suffer more as she is older.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• either get it fixed or get her out off there.mold can kill u especially if u already have health issues
    kimylina

Answer by kimylina at 11:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Mold can be very dangerous.. i would start looking up the effects online.. my sis had to move because the mold was causing her and her kids to become ill...

http://www.epa.gov/iedmold1/moldresources.html

http://www.toxic-black-mold-info.com/moldhealth.htm
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• older is right,it is very toxic and needs to be removed. I'm sure u can get an estimate,no matter what the cost,u need to get rid of it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have black mold in my home but can't afford to replace the drywall to totally get rid of it and so we just clean it off  with bleach and have a dehumidifier running which seems to keep it from spreading.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Mold is dangerous. Contact a company to have it removed IMMEDIATELY.

Unfortunatley, many home owners insurance companies will only cover up to a small amount of damage. This is not in your head... and will make you very sick. Get it handled now.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010