How far along were you before you told people (announced) you were pregnant?

Obviously, most people tell DH/SO really early on, but were you cautious and waited until you hit a certain week before telling people, or did you just tell everyone as soon as you found out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I shouted at the top of my lungs, the minute I found out all three times!

Answer by older at 11:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• The first time we told everyone around 9 weeks. But the next time I told around 12 weeks and then I had a miscarriage. After that I waited until it was obvious, like 5 months. Of course we told our parents.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I waited until my first dr's appointment. I kept having this weird fear that if I told anyone beforehand, that I would get to the dr and he would look at me like I was an idiot and tell me I wasnt pregnant..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I told everyone the same day we found out.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I told everyone right away. I can't hold water!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I told hubby right away, but we waited until the second trimester to tell anyone else.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I told my big sister the day after I found out. My what ever you want to call him told his loser friend within seconds and then the whole world knew.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• with both my boys I told everyone the day I found out...I was wayyyy too excited to hold it in! :)
    waleb1002

Answer by waleb1002 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It was very hard for me. We told everyone at 12 weeks. Then 2 days later I miscarried. After that, people I just knew a little, remote people that I didn't tell about the miscarriage kept saying things like "when are you due?" How do you feel?" That was the worst part. Having to tell so many people what happened. My next pregnancies I waited so that wouldn't happen again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• besides my husband and my parents, who found out by being sneaky and going through my mail, i didnt tell anyone else until 12 weeks... next time around i probably wont tell anyone but my hubby until i have the baby ;) (jk but i'll wait until people ask because i dont really have friends anymore)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010