Anyone have any recipes for candies or cookies that will ship well?

I have to bake early this year because I am sending packages to Afghanistan. Need ideas for cookies and candy that will hold up and ship well without breaking apart. Thank you.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 11:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make chocolate chip bar cookies, then I put the pan's worth of cookies into the vacuum sealer. When they arrives at the other end, I found out they tasted just like fresh baked (except the ones right next to the seal were a TAD dry) and none broke.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• if you don't want them to break, I suggest either A: hard cookies like ginger snaps or maybe biscotti OR B: just try packaging them a bit more securely.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• A food saver would work wonders. Just freeze them and vacuum seal them when they are frozen. I used to do that for my husband all the time and he said the chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter and if I used the canisters brownies and homemade bread came to him like I had just baked them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I used the bags instead of the canisters for cookies and nothing broke. Through trial and error, I figured that out. Seal while frozen so they don't break and once they are sealed, the probably won't break. Do a trial run.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Place them in the box with lots of bubble wrap or popcorn works great too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• A military friend told me that his cookies were shipped in popcorn and he loved it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I am asking because when hubby was deployed I sent stuff vacuum sealed and in tins and the cookies still broke, so thought maybe someone had some simple but good recipes.
    SophiaofLight

Comment by SophiaofLight (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2010