Dieting`after baby number 2??

i've always had a sweet tooth, but it was never so hard when i really intended to diet. now i cant even make a day without so many sweets. my sweet tooth is crazy in control of me. i just CANT! i feel like such a cow. i'm 16o pounds!!! i wanna die. i tried extra exercising so i wouldnt have to cut out chocolates n cookies but it just isnt coming off, my daughter is almost 3 months. i feel like a balloon still. help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• OH, and as for your sweet tooth, I have found that when I say I'm on a diet, that is when I become OBSESSED with sweets because I feel that I'm depriving myself of something that I truly enjoy. Try not to think of it as a diet, as they never work in the long run. Tell yourself that you are changing the way you eat and that having sweets once in awhile is fine. Have you tried just eating a bowl of cereal? That will sometimes help me when I have a need for sweets. Good luck, weight loss is hard work, but in the end you will be so proud of yourself for doing it!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It's typically more difficult to lose pounds after each baby- trust me, I've had 3! I'm still working on it too and can't stop eating unhealthy food. Because your baby is just 3 months old, you are probably still dealing with hormone level changes and all that crazy stuff that goes along with pregnancy. Give it a little time. I guess all you can do is remain dedicated and work hard. Try those 100 calorie packs to help satisfy your sweet cravings without eating too much. I like grabbing one when my sweet tooth is screaming at me!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i wasnt looking for symptathy. i'm not fitting into any of my clothes and its bothering me killing my self esteem. i was looking for tips. n if u dont have any, dont bother answering.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Doctors say that you put the weight on in 9 months, and you should expect it to take 18 months to come off. So after 3 months, your body is still recovering after having had the child. Give it time. Start a low-impact exercise program. Walk with your kids.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:46 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I understand exactly how you are feeling, weight gain can be very hard on the self esteem. Check out my journal post.  I answer this question a lot and decided to make it easier on myself by writing in my journal and referring moms to it as it is long, but very informative! Let me know if you have any questions about it, thanks!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• 160 pounds is not fat. I hate when women put themselves down, call themselves cows, and expect us to feel sorry for them. Get over yourself, grow some self esteem, and realize that you are worth it to yourself to be healthy for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010