could this b dry skin?

for the past month or so ive been super itchy. when i scratch i get lil bumps. and while i can tell that some parts of my skin is dry i cannot tell in other parts. i know it a lil gross but ive scratched so much in some places that ive made sores, and made my skin raw. its only gotten worse and i cant seem to fix my problem. i use lotion all day long and i took some bena drill sry for sspelling, and all it did was make me fall a sleep. me being the freak i am im thinking omg i have something wrong w/ me, and dh tells me that its just dry skin and i should use palmer lotion and itll get better, he also says its so bad because the air is so dry idk. does it sound like it just b a really bad case of dry skin or something else? thanks ladies have a great day!!!!!!!!

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• Get an anti-itch lotion like Sarna. If it doesn't get better within like a week, call your doctor.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Have you used or eaten anything new honey?
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 11:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i tried some new body wash and have not used it in weeks because i thought that was the reason for this , but is only gotten worse. i did shampoo my furniture w/ a new shampoo, a few weeks ago and the rash/itching is everywhere but my face.
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am independent consultant with arbonne international and we sell a skin conditioning oil that is all natural and has no mineral oil of animal by products in it, so it soaks into skin!! its only $12 and we have 45 day money back guarantee!!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 11:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Try bathing in an oatmeal soap and then using emu oil on your skin, it works wonders for the itching. You can get it at the health food store
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It may be psoriasis because that is what i have and when i scratch an area of my body i will have a lot of flaking and some pus sometimes. I will have some uneven sores. you may have to see ur doctor or a dermatologist and i use aveeno or a store brand oatmeal lotion to relieve it.
    MrsTBailey

Answer by MrsTBailey at 12:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• One of the ways to prevent dry skin is to use chemical-free skin care products. Research is showing that a buildup of chemicals on the skin can cause acne, dry skin and skin cancer.

To find chemical-free products, read labels, research ingredients and read as many skin care product reviews as possible.

Here's a link to a page with unbiased reviews of chemical-free and organic skin care. http://www.best-mens-skin-care.com/skin-care-product-reviews.html
    savvyone

Answer by savvyone at 10:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Could be eczema. Try Eucerine (in the tub) right after your shower. Put it on thickly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010