I am about 4 weeks preg and i find myself eating ever 2 hours is this normal?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 11:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you eating full meals or just snacking??? I snack all day, you can always find me throwing something in my mouth between normal meals lol
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I know that for me, especially in the begining I have to eat often, or I get more sick then I normally would. But I dont eat a lot, its small meals or snacks that are healthy every few hours, if you are scarfing down everything in site thats probably going to lead to a lot of weight gain, and in the first few months, there is no need for any extra calories, you dont want to gain a lot of weight in the begining. Just make sure that you eat healthy small meals, then it is perfectly healthy and fine.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i just eat snacks really frequently throught the day
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Snacking is fine but DO watch your calories. I snacked alot in the beginning but I never gained more than 15 pounds even with my twins (I'm a little thick but not overweight) Eat when you hungry, but like I said, really watch your caloric intake and make sure you are excersizing. Trust me, you do not want to be one of those people who use being pregnant as an excuse to get fat, or you will have a hard time dropping the weight afterwards.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• even being 4 weeks i will gain weight? and when will i begin to show?
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• at any point in your life, pregnant or not, if you eat alot you will gain weight. We can't tell you when you will begin to show. With my first I was 20 weeks or more before those who didn't know me could tell for sure. With my second (twins) I showed at like 10 weeks.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I meant 15 pounds the ENTIRE pregnancy, not the first month, lol, in case there was confusion :P
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• is being in bed or laying low at first ok or should i be up and walking
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I mean are you being in bed because you are tired or because you think thats what pregnant people do? I mean its okay to rest and take naps but you need to be getting up and excersizing (moderately) like walking or dancing or low impact aerobics. Take naps and rest (especially if you have no other kids and can do so, lol) but don't be a lazy couch potato who uses pregnancy as an excuse to be lazy and eat all day, ya know? lol I mean, you can if you want, but trust me, your labor will be so much easier if you excersize during the pregnancy. And eating healthy will make your calories count. High fiber will keep you fuller longer. The more (unhealthy) weight you gain the harder it will be on your hips and such when you get bigger. And I'm sure you don't want to be really fat after you have kids.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i see and well im just tired so i sleep lol
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010