Do politicians and celebrities change your mind?

When you are coming up with names for your unborn child?

Like, would you rethink naming your child Nancy? Harry? Sarah? Paris? Lindsay?

Asked by myame at 11:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't name my dog Barack. or Hussein. Or Obama

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would purposely NOT name my child after any of these people.

Answer by bjojola at 11:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• LOL Jewjew...No… We only had one name we didn’t like… We both knew (different) girls in high school and college named Kayla who were complete whores… But, I wouldn't even name my kids pet rock Nancy... It IS funny how names of people and their actions can impact one's 'decision' on a name for their child... LOL..

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Absolutely. When naming my children I chose names that I had no bad association with.

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No. I had never thought of naming my son Barack. I named my daughter Sarah, but that was way before Sarah Palin even became well known. She was born in 2005. When I named my son Johnathon I did not even think of John McCain. I think I spelled it that way because of the guy from That Thing You Do. It seemed like the right way.

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I prubly would'nt of associated any of them with the name but with a strange name i would be careful.

Answer by peace013 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I never associated my kids names with anyone in particular.

Answer by older at 12:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My kids are named after their grandmas. Good ladies that they won't have the honor of knowing firsthand- good ladies that would have treasured them for every minute. If my grandma had been named Nancy, my baby would be Nancy.

Answer by lovinangels at 12:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Now that I think of it though, I have an ultra destructive bluetick hound that was abandoned and living in the street with mange.We never did find her family so I took her in and Reformed her. She is black and White.likes to hear herself bark and leaves everything she touches in shambles. We should have named her Barack Hussein Obama. Lemme go outside and see if she'll respond to the name change.............

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Um no.

Answer by TALuke at 12:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010