Are you a Doctor or PA and get on Cafemom?

If u are!Are u afraid ppl will find out and bombard u with ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• No medical professional should ever offer medical advice on a forum like this.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yeah, I agree...that's really unprofessional. And if something goes wrong, of course they'd blame the person who gave them the advice.
    But some people sure think they are the authority on pregnancy around here, and get all anti medical. I'm for all naturelll and all but Md's are here for a reason.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• LOLz I couldn't see a doctor having time to be on here either! :D
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Why not?Afraid of getting sued?Just ??? Can't a Doctor or RN say what they think?They're regular ppl too.Just my opinion:)
    karencrouch

Answer by karencrouch at 12:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• And this Cafemom isn't intened to take the advice of others before seeking it from a Doctor first anyways.Do ppl really take ppls advice to the final authority on here?haha..Online really? I thought it was just for chatting, venting just say what's on our minds. and when a Doc's on their day off and reads others concerns who's buisness is it?Probably post anon anyway!Just sayin... Now who wants to bash?Bring it!!!lol...j/k feeling onery;)
    karencrouch

Answer by karencrouch at 12:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There are a lot of nurses on this site.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There are a lot of nurses on this site, and honestly, the advice given is usually such a no brainer, nobody could get sued for it.

I see questions all the time "I have chest pain and can't breathe--what do I do??"

And a nurse will reply "CALL 911"

You can't be sued for that.

And yes, people come here all the time to ask what to do , when in reality they should know.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 2:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I know of a small number of them. If I were them, I'd just keep it to themselves or only share it with a few trusted people.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes I would too.
    karencrouch

Answer by karencrouch at 3:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010