opinions on induction adult content

when i first got pg my dr told me that i was due on the 11 of nov. when i went in for my 20 week ultrasoud the tech said that i was three weeks behind. so my due date got pushed back to dec 4. i've calculated it and if i got pg in feb and missed my . in march wouldn't i be due in nov? should i get induced if i'm ready i am so confused. i dont know if i should wait or what. please help .

Skylersmommi124

Asked by Skylersmommi124 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If your baby is ready then your body will labor.
    No need to do anything.
    If you / baby are unhealthy THEN intervene.

Babies come when they need to!

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• agree with doulala
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't get induced if you don't have to.. I didn't know much about it when I was told I had Gestational diabetes and needed to get induced so the baby didn't get too big.. it means throwing your baby and body to push out this baby when you and the baby are not fully ready.. don't do it if you don't HAVE to... just my opinion. I had it done - I didn't know I actually had a "choice" in the matter at the time.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yup, when babies lungs are developed and ready to come into this world, labor will start.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Let the baby come when it wants to as long as you both are healthy. Would you want to be pushed out the door before you were ready because someone else wanted it?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Pregnancy is 10 months.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ok, i was tricked by my doctors to be induced because it was my first and we never really could figure out how far along I was ( had a period when I was about two months pregnant so it threw off the chart they go by). So anyway, they told me I was 41 1/2 weeks (40 weeks in normal) and I needed to be induced. So they gave me the pill form and I was in the hospital for 24 hours and it didn't work. then they gave me the kind they stick up in you and about 13 hours later I finally started having contractions. 3 hours later my water finally broke. Fast forward to a bit later and it turns out the the drug they gave me forced me to have contractions when my baby wasn't ready for them. My heaving insides wrapped the cord around her neck. Shortly after getting my epidural, the doctors lost her heartbeat and could not find it. I was rushed into an emergency c-section (cont)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I say wait if you and baby are healthy. Induction can be really painful because the medicine they give you usually causes stronger contractions than you might normally have if you went into labor naturally. I was induced and my labor took over 24 hours. I think when your body is laboring naturally you are more likely to progress normally. Also, with induction I was hooked up to the medicine and the monitor so it was hard to walk around or even go to the bathroom- all those plans I had to walk and squat or take a shower and use the exercise ball to help ease my labor went out the window because of everything involved with the induction. I was mostly just trapped in bed trying (in vain) to get comfortable. All in all it wasn't a horrible experience so I don't mean to give you that impression, but given the choice I would not want to be induced if I didn't have to (my blood pressure was sky high so I didn't have any choice). GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• and they cut her out. 3 months later I found out that she was born dead because of the cord and that they actually brought her back. All because of that stupid pill (starts with a P, still dont know the name), she was killed during labor and then brought back and she now has learning disabilities and is pretty far behind in her speech.
    So yeah...I wouldn't recommend an induction. The pill makes you ready, it doesn't make the baby ready. If you can't have the baby in you anymore, then I would strongly suggest a scheduled c-section before you consider induction.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• While reading that I was assuming Cytotec. Used for induction but not supposed to be...
    :-(
    Very dangerous.
    Yes, many very risky complications are associated with it / other drugs like Pitocin.

You can talk to a lawyer about that if you feel up to it~ Searle warns OBs not to use their product on pregnant women.
    :-(
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010