When voting, do you ever leave some votes blank?

I wasn't prepared to vote for Justices, so I left that section blank. I was afraid of making a bad, uninformed choice. Does anyone else do that?

.science.mom.

Asked by .science.mom. at 12:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I will leave it blank if I don't like the choices or I am not informed to make a decision. I need to be more informed next time. I had to leave some blanks because of judges and whether or not they should stay. I had no idea. I hate doing that - but better to not vote then to vote wrong.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• no. i make sure i always know what is going on the ballot, from props, to country issues, to judges and sheriffs, etc.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It better not to vote than to blindly vote for someone.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If I'm not sure, I leave it blank. Better to allow those who know the issue/candidate to vote on it rather than just take a guess.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• yes, I do if I don't know the issues/candidates. Occasionally I'll vote straight-party, but I really hate to do that.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Google sample ballot plus your state/ county before you go next time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• that would be a personal decision. i can't say i've ever left any blank, as i said, i've always gone into the voting booth knowing what/who i would vote for. sorry, can't help ya out there! :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes.

In past years, I left anything to do with public (K-12) education blank- I never used those services and did not want to screw any families who did.

if I am really on the fence, I do not vote on that issue.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If someone is unopposed and I don't support them, I skip it. Usually that involves judges, and it just happens that I'm familiar with most of them from work. There's one in particular who nobody ever runs against and I can't stand (he should've retired 10 years ago), so if he's still there unopposed I'm still not voting for that court.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• dullscissors - for some of these choices, they were both bad. Then what to do?? Not vote, or pick the lesser of two evils??
    .science.mom.

Comment by .science.mom. (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010