Games to boost motivation?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make "game" to boost motivaton? Let me explain. My 10 yr. old son is having an extremely hard time getting and staying focused in school. He's an excellent soccer player. When he's on the field, he is sooo focused to the point if his classroom were a soccer field, he'd be a straight A/B student. I'm trying to find a way to create a game that incorporates the two of them together because my thought is if he can relate soccer to his school work, he may be able to get and stay focused better. I know this probably sounds a little wierd, but MOMS I"M RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS. And please don't misunderstand, his teachers, my dh and I and a behavioral counselor have tried and are trying everything we can think of but nothing seems to be working. What's anyone's take on this? Does it sound like a good idea or should I find another route to go?

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm really sorry your question isn't being answered by you posted the same thing 13 times in one day!

have some patience and wait for an answer on one of the previous posts instead of reposting it every minute.

2:33pm, 2:34pm, 2:35pm, 2:36pm, 2:51pm, 2:52pm, 2:53pm, 2:54pm, 2:57pm, 3:01pm, 3:04pm, 3:15pm, & 3:36pm all today Oct. 31st. This is considered SPAM by cafemom TOU.
    Anonymous

• I'm really sorry, I was just trying to get it worded right because it didn't sound right. I'm really sorry.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Also, I'm still kind of new and didn't know or realize that even after I deleted and reposted, it counted as new post. Again, I'm really sorry to seem inpatient and annoying. I'm not tryin to be.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I posted a nice long well thought out answer only to hit submit and have it dissapear because it had been deleted.....
    Anonymous

• OK so here's an answer???Good Luck!!! I need a similar game. I am just at this point trying to get my boys 9 & 10 to understand that school is their job grades matter, and that a lot of time we just have to do the yucky stuff to get to the "creamy middle" of life. I too have a child with behavior challenges it can be tough to "nag" oops, I meant continually reinforce the rules of life!!! Hang on we will have productive citizens in adult life!!! That is the ultimate goal (Hey a soccer term)Lol
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2008