If you were going to read a romance novel... What would you want it to be about?

There are so many romance novels out there, I just want to know what kind of stories everyone likes to read? Rich girl with a poor guy? The man is a hero of some sort but has commitment issues? What's your favorite story line?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• Message in a Bottle, The Notebook. I have not read Twilight yet but I have heard it's awesome. I think I am probably the person in the world who has not read it yet.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 12:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I really like carpathian romance novels....Christine Feehan books are very good.
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• The Twilight series is awesome.
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm currently into the holiday themed novels. But my favorite novels tend to be set in the forest, or the mountains, somewhere remote, in a small cabin or something. There's got to be some sort of danger, the guy is a little distant but smart, strong, and faithful. The girl is strong willed, but starts to lean on him for his help. It just helps if it's set over Christmas, as that is my favorite holiday! Read some of Debbie Macomber's holiday novels, they are some of my favorites.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ooh and yeah I loved Twilight :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I used to love the ones that were period pieces. Like turn of the century. Gave me some in site to how different it is today than back then.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• nicholas sparks novels
    mayg88

Answer by mayg88 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Forget romance. I want erotic fiction. :) Sometimes, romances feel like fill in the blanks to me.

I like Megan Hart. Her characters feel real to me. They're human and fallable and sometimes a little broken. The love they find isn't perfect and sweet. It's real and sometimes it's messy and confusing. I feel like I'm reading about real people.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010