Sisters is it hard for you to find a quiet place to pray?

I have to either get up really early or its too hard. Where do you go? Does anyone have a special place? I heard of prayer closets.

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 12:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• This may sound weird but I sometimes pray in the bathroom. Noone is ever in there with you and its most of the time queit while ur in there. Or In the car outside of my house....
    SuperMom952

Answer by SuperMom952 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• no. never have that problem. my ds is in school all day. plus, i 'talk' to God all day long, it doesn't have to be a specific time or place.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes I do! I know we can talk to God any place any time, but I NEED that quiet meditation time :-)
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I usually pray at random moments during the day or at night before falling asleep. I've been having difficulty finding quiet time for meditation. Praying I can seem to do at any moment no matter what's going on around me, but meditation is next to impossible without silence. I'm thinking it may be time to start waking up earlier to get it done.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I pray in the bathroom too! Because yes I find it very hard to find time to pray with my five year old.I always pray with her but sometimes I just need that quiet prayer time to myself....you know where I can think!! lol But I also pray all day long no matter what im doing,or at least try.Of course I could be trying more.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 6:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i am muslim.. i pray anywhere in my house. my daughter knows to quiet down during prayer time. I usually try to pray when the masjids are praying . i never pray in the bathroom. as muslims we are forbidden from praying in them. most of the time i pray in my living room. i live in a muslim country. none of my immediate neighbors play music or talk very loud.

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Quiet mind - quiet place
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I pray while washing dishes and folding clothes and while sweeping and mopping floors....Also when cleaning my bathroom.....most of the time my family will not bother me during these times because when they come in to chat, I put them to work along side me.....if I want help, I ask, but when I want to pray, I don't.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010