Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does home owners insurance cover?

We're jobless here and down on our luck. My cancer Battle. No more money for even my 'scripts, decent water, needful things Etc.. Even the cats won't drink our brown water! We have a broken pipe.. The back hoe is here and plumbers Etc.. Major issues. I'm so unwell and feel awful.. Does homeowners cover this? But we have a $500.00 deductible. So that we have to come up with. Then file one claim lose the claim free discount & get Cancelled. What to do? When everything is all going Wrong and there's no where to turn to. Any Hope, ideas or anything you may think of when this Chemo fried sad, weepy girl hasn't? Your kind favor to reply is appreciated. Thank you!

Answer Question

Asked by Angellinda at 12:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 21 (11,804 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Well, they might cover this, I'm not sure, but you are right, it could end up costing you a lot more than your $500 deductible. We had a cap come off of a pipe, in the crawl space under our home. Our insurance paid the claim, then cancelled us. We had to get "high risk" insurance for several years. Our insurance went from about $400 a year to over $1200 a year for 5 years before we were able to get off "high risk", and they wouldn't tell us how long it would took us that long to find a company that no longer considered us "high risk".

    I'm so sorry about your situation, you should check into local organizations that may be able to help you in your situation.

    Good luck, hope things improve!

    Answer by ohwrite at 1:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • You need to talk with your insurance company about what your specific coverage well .. covers.
    As well you can look into getting grants and other government assitence for things that you're having trouble paying. There are also ways to help renovate your home if you're in dire need for repairs. Do you research and see what things you can find to help you and your family.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • Do you have CAP services in your area? I would check with them. I am going to send you a message I have an idea that is very private.


    Answer by Kari126 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • I’m sorry for your situation and hope some miracle happens for you soon enough. What home insurance covers and what it doesn’t varies from company to company and policy to policy. Like others here have suggested, it would be a good idea for you to check with some NGO’s that can help you. All the best dear!

    Answer by ariel.hoyle at 7:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.