do you think low budget motels be across the street from a school

where i live behind my house there is a elementary school and across the street on the corner there is a low budget motel and it grosses me out to think of who could be rooming there especially with so many pedifiles out there

gianna530

Asked by gianna530 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• There could be pedophiles anywhere.. not just in a motel. They could be in the grocery store next to the school.. or the gas station next to the school.. or the car parked next to the school.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There could be pedophiles anywhere. And the liklihood of a Pedophile living near you isn't actually that high of a number. Most registered sex offenders are someone who were convicted after being 19 and having a relationship with a 17 year old. Or a sexual harrassment suit that went in the favor of the accuser. Most registered sex offendors aren't actually sexual assulters, but were just at the wrong end of a legal matter that was filed against them. Pedophiles, rapists, and the-like aren't actually as high in number as most people think.
    The appearence of a hotel doesn't mean anything for who visits there. We've stayed at some low budget motels on road trips and we're neither pedophiles or disgusting people. It is all about the management and how they care for the property, not the quality of people that check in.
    I think that it is more important to know our community, know our neighbors, and watch our children.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• (Continue) Not go around judging everything and everyone out of fear. Where a hotel, rich or poor, is located doesn't matter to me. It's not a hotel that is the issue, it's the people. And by knowing your community you know what people to watch out for. Living in fear isn't going to make anyone happy.
    JazzlikeMraz

• well let me make my self clear im not judging i also stayed in low budget motels and you right it is on managment which this managment is known for letting drug addicts and its filthy i doubt you would stay in a place like that it not about judging its about the safety
    gianna530

Comment by gianna530 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• the safety? I mean, how can you say that nthe motel is the problem? If you are doing your job as a parent and dropping off and picking up your child, there is nothing to fear! Plus if you are not comfortable with your schools security, then YOU need to be more concerned with that, then with the motel! People are so afraid of the world, it makes me afraid for your kids! Way to teach them to judge!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i have searched my area and it was shocking to see sooooo many in the area you are right they can be all over even in a someones household which was very sad but the young lady who was a child and now a teen is moving on very good
    gianna530

Comment by gianna530 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No worse than some of the schools I've seen around Chicago.  There are a couple out in the suburbs that are basically in the parking lot of a mall.  One is wedged between a beer and BBQ joint and a car dealership and right across the street from the mall.

They build schools where there is room and other businesses have the rights to build where it's legal for them to build.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• wel my child is not in the school and believe me i have been teaming up with the pta so that when my child goes there it wont be a problem you are the one that is judging me i am not judging i came from the south bronx and went to south bronx high school fort apache and the high school i graduated from had metal detectors and the whole nine judging and fear please i dont judge dont confuse that with caring and fear i dont think so
    gianna530

Comment by gianna530 (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i agree just like people have the right to live where they want . im just asking a simple question the system fails us because they can not track and keep up with these people that are sick. i am just saying i work with them
    gianna530

Comment by gianna530 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010