For those whom make Beef Roast on the stove top.....

Just wondering when do you put your veggies in? Like, your potatoes, celery, carrots, onion....spices.

I usually put my veggies in an hour or so before the meat is completely cooked through, so they all don't disentigrate on me and become mush!

** I use a big pot, add a bit of oil to the pot and brown my roast on both sides and then add my beef broth, spices and bring it to a boil. Then add more water so its about an inch or two over the top of the meat. Turn the heat down to a continuous simmer, cover it and let it cook several hours til meat is almost done then add my veggies.**

I cook it til the meat just falls apart and is SO tender!

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 1:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• That sounds about like what I do, I use small whole potatoes and baby carrots though, as well as those little boiling onions. I am SOOO lazy, roflmbo!

I season my roast before I brown it in oil, though. I rub it with garlic powder, hickory salt and black pepper.
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I season my roast before I brown it. I ise the smal red potatoes whole...not so much breakdown. All the veggies except onion I add the last hour.When it is all done I removed solids from the pot and make pan gravy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I season the roast, then brown it, it makes a much richer, darker sauce. Then basically the same as you.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010