Does any one know any thing about Termites??

We have what looks like piles of sand on kitchen table and entry way. My mom thinks it looks like termites. Any one else have experiences with this?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• No yikes here is a bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It could be termites or it could be carpenter ants. We have had both and rememebr little piles of "sawdust" with the ants. With the termites we could see their mud tracks on the foundation. They move within these tracks to get to the wood in the house. We treated the ants ourselves with powders that were sprinkled near the foundaiton. The termites had to be treated by an exterminator. They came and poured a liquid at our foundation in two areas. You need to know for sure which one (if either) it is so you don't waste your money on a treatment that doesn't work. I hope this was of some help. Message me if you have any other questions I might be able to help with.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i don't know about natural remedies but my dad use to inject diesel fuel inside the holes to kill them.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 5:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thanks!!
    michelle146

Comment by michelle146 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010