what does newborn needs for the first 3 months at home?

Wondering what's def need to have for the newborn during the first 3 months. Other than a lot of diapers. Thank you.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a swing, crib or somewhere to sleep, car seat, blankets, clothes, stroller
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• clothes, car seat, bottles (if bottle feeding), Baby soap, bed (unless co-sleeping), wipes, tylenol and gas drops just in case. That's all I can think of.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Lots of diapers (it bears repeating! :o) ), lots of receiving blankets, newborn hats, a gazillion socks/booties, breastmilk, breastmilk, and breastmilk! I would buy a breast pump, nursing pads, and lanolin.

Hm what else... That's all I can think of right now. Congratulations! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My DD was pretty much dressed exclusively in footie pajamas for the first three months unless we were going to a holiday or something and then I would dress her up. Some of the stuff I had for her was so cute but totally impractical. Other than that, we used blankets to cover her up when we went out as it was cold weather season, we used her little bathtub to bathe her, all the gear for diaper changes of course, and bottles, etc if you're not breast feeding. If breast feeding then a hooter-hider or equivalent comes in handy for nursing in public. Diaper bag, place for baby to sleep, and that should about do it. Oh, and we used the swing and the bouncy chair a lot, too. And our baby loved being swaddled and she loved a paci.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• a suctioner!!! Babies do not have gag reflexes when first born and they get choked easy. Recieving blankets to swaddle, a swing, bottles with proper nipple for your baby and a pacifier(babies crave to suck), saline drops for the nose, gas drops.....my baby is a month old yesterday and these are the things I used more than anything, must haves in my book.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Little baby t-shirts or long sleeve shirts and some pants.. to allow the umbilical cord to dry out properly..o am sensitive skin soap and shampoo made for babies also wash all clothes in dreft laundry detergent or detergent made for babies a lot of babies have skin allergies when they are very young. Finger nail clippers, little gloves to keep them from scratching their face which they tend to do a lot I used baby socks on they hands they work the same. Little caps to keep the heat in the babies body they say it escapes really easy through their little heads. skin sensitive lotion in case of dry irratated skin. those little fuzzy things you put on the babys car seat straps by their face so the straps dont leave red marks, one of those little things to support the babies head in the car seat for the first couple months you could just use wrapped up blankets placed around the head. cd player with lullabyes for sleepy time..
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010