I'm 18 years old... I just had a miscarriage... I think I'm pregnant again... Is it possible to be pregnant after just having a miscarriage?

It's been a week since my miscarriage. I need some report right now... =[

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it happens a lot, although if it's only been a week, there's no way you would be able to tell you're pregnant again so soon. It takes 2 weeks after ovulation to even get a positive test. Assuming you ovulated at the same time that you miscarried, then you could test next week.
    I am SO sorry for your loss. Miscarriage is never an easy thing to experience. Good luck to you!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• it's only been a week? I don't know if that's possible...but it is possible to get pregnant soon after. I got pregnant 2 months after I had a miscarriage. I dunno about a week though. Your body has to have time to fully recover, your hormone levels need to come all the way down, and you probably haven't ovulated yet...
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• IMO.. you should be a little more freakin careful!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• The chances of your ovulating that quickly are practically nil. Why do you think you are pregnant?
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Very unlikely you are pregnant, I think what you are is paranoid.

Answer by older at 1:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• only a week i dont know
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 1:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I highly doubt you are pregnant again if it has only been a week since your miscarriage. You could still be experiencing hormonal changes from the miscarriage, which can cause you to think that you are pregnant. Good luck.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• First, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm curious why after only one week you think your pregnant again. I don't think there are any time frames for your body to actually get pregnant again after a miscarriage. I know doctors say to wait, but that does not mean your body will wait, if you are having sex. Especially unprotected. My thoughts are this. If you lost your baby one week ago. Even if you were to get pregnant again so soon you would not know yet. Lets say you ovulated directly after losing your baby, the egg would just be getting around to implanting, and it would still be a few weeks before you got any symptoms, or a positive test. It is likely you just feel that way because you went from being pregnant to not so quickly. All I can tell you is to see your doctor. Even then they are probably going to want to see you in about 4 weeks when the test would be accurate. GL which ever way you want it to go.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thank You For all your help. But I want all of you to take into account (that I didn't mention in my question) I was only 5 weeks pregnant when I miscarried... So my body didn't suffer in anyways for me to need to recover... But my body is getting some of the same symptoms of when I realized I was pregnant the first time. Soar breasts, wierd taste in mouth, Nausea... and others I rather not mention.. lol..
    Shanti0327

Comment by Shanti0327 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010