make up

Ok this might be a dumb question but its more to prove to my MIL that i know whats best. My daughter has sensitive skin liek she breaks out if i use huggies baby was instead of johnsons and she is being a tiger tonight....My MIL seems to think i can draw a nose and whiskers on her with eyeliner or halloween makeup, i dont think its a good idea SHES ONLY 4 1/2 mos! what do you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think if she is sensitive I wouldn't do it. You don't want her to breakout from the makeup... she will be just as cute without it
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• They make little plastic cat-like face masks that you can buy probably at walmart or any halloween store. That will make the disagreement go away without any skin irritation for your baby.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 3:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I would use the above suggestion,find a plastic mask and leave the make-up alone.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 3:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• At 4-1/2 months, I would never put make-up on my child. Their skin is still able to absorb things like that. Nope....would never do it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I WOULD NOT DO IT. It depends on what the makeup is made from. IT should not be a regular adult make up. It should be HYPOALLERGENIC and she ALSO needs to read the packaging to see if there are any warning about keeping it away from children.
    Bottom line, if it's your child and what you are asking for isn't going to hurt that child then you have a right to put your foot down.
    lexicon

Answer by lexicon at 4:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I would not do it either. try holding their head still to clean their ears!! I would not be able to paint a cut kitty face on an infant, LOL. I think they are just as cute in the outfit
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• That is YOUR baby, what you say goes, like I tell my dh about my mil, At the end of the day, our son is our resposibility and anything done to him will be on our shoulders, we have to deal with it..drs..ect.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You're right, she's wrong. It's YOUR daughter. End of discussion!
    =o)
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Your baby, your way. Baby's skin are so sensitive to begin with that makeup could easilly irritate them.
    denswife

Answer by denswife at 12:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You are right MIL is WRONG!!! plus it's your BABY!!!!
    MotherShaw

Answer by MotherShaw at 11:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008